A Claim step is a message to a channel with a button for anyone in the channel to "claim" the task. After someone "claims" the task, you can assign subsequent steps to that person. This is a great way to ask for volunteers to work on tasks.
How to set up a Claim step:
- Go to your Mission (or create a new one).
- Click to "Add a step".
- Select "Claim" from the Building Blocks section.
- Now we can add you message.
- Next, you can change the button label to something relevant to your workflow.
- Finally, select the channel you'd like to assign the step to.
- Optionally, you can check the "Prefer Threaded Messsages Only" check box. When this option is checked, the message will be threaded under any other message from this Mission. If unchecked, it will still be threaded if possible, but will also post back to the main channel.
- Save the step and you're done.