The Notify step sends a message to a channel or person. Notify steps are very simple, but very useful. Often you will want to follow a step that required use input with a notification to inform the person what to expect next.
Setting up a Notfiy step is very simple:
- Go to your Mission (or create a new one).
- Click to "Add a step".
- Select "Notify" from the Building Blocks section.
- Now we can add you message. Type out the message and select who to notify. This can be either a person or a channel.
- Optionally, you can check the "Prefer Threaded Messsages Only" check box. When this option is checked, the message will be threaded under any other message from this Mission. If unchecked, it will still be threaded if possible, but will also post back to the main channel.
- Save the step and you're done.