A To Do step is a message with a button. When someone clicks the button, the step is completed and the Mission continues. To Do steps are useful when you want to stop a workflow until someone completes a task and clicks the button.
To Do steps can also have forms attached to them. This is great for collecting user inputs. For example, you may have a Mission to collect project status. A To Do step could collect the status of a project and that information could them be sent to a project manager.
Here's how to set up a To Do step:
- Go to your Mission (or create a new one).
- Click to "Add a step".
- Select "To Do" from the Building Blocks section.
- Now we can add you message.
- Optionally, add a form by clicking "Add menus & dialogs".
- Next, you can change the button label to something relevant to your workflow.
- Finally, select who to assign the step to. This can be either a person or a channel.
- Optionally, you can check the "Prefer Threaded Messsages Only" check box. When this option is checked, the message will be threaded under any other message from this Mission. If unchecked, it will still be threaded if possible, but will also post back to the main channel.
- Save the step and you're done.