A Yes/No step lets you create two separate branches that you can follow based on the button that is clicked. This type of step is useful for approval flows where you can ask an "approve" or "reject" question and send different notification depending on the button that is clicked. You can also, have branches within branches, but we'll save that level of inception for another article.
How to setup a Yes/No step:
- Go to your Mission (or create a new one).
- Click to "Add a step".
- Select "Yes/No" from the Building Blocks section.
- Now we can add you message.
- Optionally, add a form by clicking "Add menus & dialogs".
- Next, you can change both of the button labels to something relevant to your workflow. Each button will send the person down a separate branch.
- Finally, select the channel you'd like to assign the step to.
- Optionally, you can check the "Prefer Threaded Messsages Only" check box. When this option is checked, the message will be threaded under any other message from this Mission. If unchecked, it will still be threaded if possible, but will also post back to the main channel.
- Save the step.
- Under the saved step, you now see both of your branches. By clicking the buttons you can switch between paths and add more steps.